County Fall 4-H Awards & Ohio 4-H Achievement Record Submission:
Apply for county and state achievement awards, scholarships, camps and conferences using the Ohio 4-H Achievement Record. Members who are at least 14 years old as of January 1 of the current year are eligible to apply. Packets are available in September each year and due in October. How do you know if you're eligible? If you are a current 4-H member who will have passed your 14th birthday (but not yet passed your 19th birthday) by January 1, 2020, you are considered to be eligible for these opportunities. However, in order to compete for awards selection and recognition, you must complete and submit an Ohio 4-H Achievement Record Form.
For those selected at the county level to compete at the state level, the Ohio 4-H Awards Forms can be found on the Ohio 4-H page here: https://www.ohio4h.org/awardsandscholarships
Achievement Awards Informational Meeting to be held on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 6:30pm at the Licking County Extension Office
Fall 2021 Ohio 4-H Achievement Awards Form Packet - Due October 15, 2021 - Word Document | Fillable PDF Document
2021 4-H Committee Scholarship Application Packet - Due October 15, 2021 - Word Document | Fillable PDF Document
Other 4-H Record Resources:
- My 4-H Career Record Book - Keep this book in a safe place and add to it each year. This will provide you with a thorough record of your 4-H career and will make applying for awards and scholarships easy
- Member Record Form - Use this form to maintain a record of your 4-H activities, projects, awards and honors. It will come in handy when you become eligible to apply for county and state achievement awards, scholarships, camps and conferences through the Ohio 4-H Achievement Record.
Licking County 4-H Camp Counselor Applications
2021 Licking County 4-H Camp Counselor Application: www.go.osu.edu/2021CampCounselorApp
- Follow the link above to the application. You’ll complete your responses, read the Standards of Behavior and Camp Counselor Contract, and then both you and parent will electronically sign your application. The application can be completed easily on a computer or mobile device.
- NEW APPLICANTS: Once you have completed your application, please reach out to Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your interview. Interviews will be held on Monday, February 21, 2021.
2021 Camp Counselor Reference Form: www.go.osu.edu/2021CCReferenceForm
- Please note, this link can be shared with your reference contacts. They will then follow the link to a survey, and complete their feedback about your skills and abilities, and submit online.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Please remember that we must receive at least two reference forms on your behalf…
Making eXtreme Counselors - MXC
Older youth age 14 to 18 who plan to serve as camp counselors are invited to Making eXtreme Counselors (MXC)--an interactive and quick-paced training that offers innovative camp ideas to new and veteran camp counselors. MXC participants will leave with skills that will enable them to assist in their county's camp program planning and delivery, and prepare them to deliver a great camp program to their campers.
MXC is a national award-winning workshop that will be useful for all potential camp counselors. Don't miss your chance to participate—the event will be offered virtually in 2021, during the weekend of March 6-7. MXC will be held at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center on the campus of The Ohio State University. Counselors will earn camp counselor training hours while attending this event (number of hours is determined by county). All participants will be able to share and gain ideas with teens from other counties all across the state.
More information about MXC 2021 can be found at http://go.osu.edu/mxc.
If you would like to help educate your peers about traffic safety, improve your public speaking and presentation skills and want a great way to help your community, consider becoming a 4-H CARTEENS facilitator. Teens who are at least 15 years old and can commit to volunteering for three hours each month are welcome to learn more about becoming apart of CARTEENS. For more information, contact Adrienne Anderson at 740-670-5315 or email her at: email@example.com
Food & Fashion Board
Join the Licking County 4-H Food and Fashion Board - click here for the 2021 Licking County 4-H Food and Fashion Board Application Packet - The application is due September 18, 2020 by 4:00pm. Appications can be mailed or dropped off to the Extension Office at 771 E. Main St., Ste 103, Newark, OH 43055. The application is a fillable PDF so it can also be completed and saved to your computer and then emailed to Adrienne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interview will be held on Thursday, October 1, 2020 between 4:00-6:30pm. Please call the extension office at 740.670.5315 or email email@example.com to schedule an interview time.
Junior Fair Board
2022 Hartford Independent Fair Junior Fair Board Member Application Packet - Return Application by Sunday, November 15, 2021 to OSU Extension - Licking County Office, c/o Licking County 4-H Youth Development Educator, Lisa McCutcheon.