A Parent's Guide to Licking County 4-H - Updated with 2020 dates, this helpful booklet gives you an overview of club meetings & expectations, projects, project judging, costs and the fair.
2020 Still Project Judging - Virtual for 2020! Videos will need to be uploaded July 12-19, 2020.
- Project Judging Guidelines - Please review all guidelines prior to submitting your video.
- Flipgrid - Link to Flipgrid
- Project links for Flipgrid: Find your project in the document and click on the link next to the project name to be taken directly to the grid that contains your project.
- Project Judging Criteria
CANCELLED: 2020 Dairy Foods Contest - Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - 6:30pm - Babcock Building at the Hartford Fairgrounds: 14028 Fairgrounds Rd., Croton
County Fall 4-H Awards & Ohio 4-H Achievement Record Submission:
Apply for county and state achievement awards, scholarships, camps and conferences using the Ohio 4-H Achievement Record. Members who are at least 14 years old as of January 1 of the current year are eligible to apply. Packets are available in September each year and due in October. How do you know if you're eligible? If you are a current 4-H member who will have passed your 14th birthday (but not yet passed your 19th birthday) by January 1, 2020, you are considered to be eligible for these opportunities. However, in order to compete for awards selection and recognition, you must complete and submit an Ohio 4-H Achievement Record Form.
Achievement Awards Informational Meeting to be held on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at the OSU Extension Office starting a 6:00 pm
2020 Achievement Award Letter / Award Packet / Forms A & B (Forms A & B to be inserted as pages 2 & 3 of Award Packet when turned in) - Word doc
2020 AchievementAward Form Packet - PDF format
2020 4-H Committee Scholarship Application Packet - PDF format
2020 4-H Teen Member Interest Inventory Form - Do you have an interest in becoming a 4-H Camp Counselor or joining the Junior Fair Board, Food & Fashion Board or being a 4-H CARTEENS Facilitator - Returning this form to the OSU Extension Office is a great way to insure that you don't miss out on upcoming leadership opportunities.
Other 4-H Record Resources:
- Create a Winning Achievement Record - Use this PowerPoint presentation to assist you in completing your Ohio 4-H Achievement Record. Lots of good ideas!
- My 4-H Career Record Book - Keep this book in a safe place and add to it each year. This will provide you with a thorough record of your 4-H career and will make applying for awards and scholarships easy
- Member Record Form - Use this form to maintain a record of your 4-H activities, projects, awards and honors. It will come in handy when you become eligible to apply for county and state achievement awards, scholarships, camps and conferences through the Ohio 4-H Achievement Record.
2020 Photo ID Badges - Who needs to have a picture taken this year?
All new exhibitors and ALL advisors (Advisor photos will now be good for three (3) years. All advisors should have their photo taken in 2020)
Any exhibitor who did NOT have a badge in 2019 (member was not enrolled for 2019 or forgot to have their picture taken in 2019).
Everyone will receive a new ID Badge for 2020.
Advisor badges will be issued from the Senior Fair office and Exhibitor badges will be issued from either the Junior Fair Board Office or Ramsey 4-H Center. All badges issued in a prior year cannot be used for admission to the fair and will be confiscated if presented.
Still need help in trying to decide what project to take: Project Central is an easy way for 4-H members and project helpers to preview Ohio 4-H project books and resources. Take a closer look at a book, find out what others have to say, and share your experiences. Go to: http://projectcentral.ohio4h.org/
Club Officer Resources:
- Click on the following link for downloadable files of officer books and additional useful forms: Ohio 4-H Club Officer Resources
- 4-H Club Parlimentary Procedure for Community Organizations and Boards
- 4-H Club Parliamentary Procedure Kit (Hardin County 4-H)- This kit will help clubs increase members' knowledge about parliamentary procedure and business meetings.
Food, Clothing & Special Interest Projects:
- Licking County 4-H Food and Fashion Board - Need help with a food or fashion project? Food and Fashion Board members are available to come to your club to answer questions. Want to join the Licking County 4-H Food and Fashion Board - click here for the 2020 Licking County 4-H Food and Fashion Board Application Packet
- Self-Determined Project Guide (A completed Self-Determined Project Guide is required for each self-determined project. (This Project Guide and the Idea Starters are available on the State 4-H website at: Books and Resources - Other Publications Available for Download on the State 4-H website: Master Projects and Additional Resources
- 2017 You Can Quilt Project Changes
- Robotics Project Resources - Click on the link to be connected to online information regarding the Robotics projects.
- Genealogy Resources - Information on the Licking County Genealogy Society, local resources and many helpful links to genealogical resources around the country are available by clicking on the link above.
- Ohio 4-H Animal Sciences Resource website: Also, each species has their own Resource page with information that can help 4-H members decide if an animal project is right for them. There is also a home page and state calendar page for each species. Click on the following individual species for the link to the Resource pages: Companion, Dog, Rabbit, Dairy, Horse, Poultry, Livestock and Ohio 4-H PetPals. Also, check out the State 4-H Skillathon website
Project Requirements & Supplements:
2020 Licking County 4-H Project Requirements (this booklet covers all 4-H projects and contains the 2020 Clothing & Food Supplements, as well as judging dates and award definitions)
- 2019 Foods & Nutrition Project Interest Area List for Foods Project Portfolio - this document lists each project and which activities require a page completed in the members project portfolio.
- Cake Decorating supplement 492(b) Skills & Techniques Record Book
- Special Interest Project Score Sheet
- Clothing Project Score Sheet
- Food Project Score Sheet
- MyPlate Web Site
- MyPlate - Color flyer of MyPlate
Companion Animal Projects/Resources:
Includes cavy, cat, and rabbit projects. Ohio 4-H Companion Animals state website - click on the previous link for information on events, resources and acknowledgments for dogs, rabbits and companion animals.
- 4-H Pet Care Project Descriptions
- 4-H PetPals-Welcome Info - 4-H PetPals-About - 4-H PetPals-Resources
Dog Resource Handbook (201R) – Updates to this book have been added to our Books/Resource page under Publication Updates. There are two versions: 2016 edition and 2018 edition. Members can download one pdf with all the changes depending on which edition they own. Changes were made in these chapters: Breeds, Grooming, Communication and Behavior, Obedience, Judging, Showmanship, and Working Dogs.
- Dog Achievement Program - Our Mission: To offer a 4-H dog project that encourages youth to accomplish personal goals and master life skills with their dogs, without competing against other 4-H dog project members.
- Ohio 4-H Dog Resource Information - find updates and information about 4-H Dog and Companion Animal projects, including Ohio State Fair Dog Show rules and score sheets. A calendar of events is also posted.
- Selecting Dog Projects - Click on the link for an explanation of dog projects, requirements and judging information.
- 2020 Licking County Dog Vaccination Certificate - to be used for the Hartford Fair
- 2020 Permission to Participate in Ohio 4-H Dog Activities - Mandatory for all dog projects - to be filled out for all dog projects and returned each year with enrollments on May 1, 2020.
The following information can be found at www.go.osu.edu/dog on the State 4-H Dog Resource Page.
- Summary of Highlights/Major Changes to 2020 Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Dog Show Rules
- 2020 Ohio State Fair Dog Show
- 2020 Ohio State Fair Vaccination Certificate
Public Speaking & Demonstrations Contests:
2020 Cloverbud Pledge, Demonstrations Contests and Health & Safety Speaking Contests Entry Form - Entry Due Friday, May 29, 2020
- Communications Days Information
- Health and Safety Team Talk/Skit Contest Information
- Health and Safety Individual Public Speaking Contest Information
- Shooting Sports Public Speaking and Demonstration Contest - Registration Form can be found here.
Encouraging Members to Demonstrate - Various ways advisors can encourage their members to present demonstrations.
4-H for Youth:
4-H is the ultimate youth development experience and is what you make it. Through trips, activities, projects, leadership roles, working in teams and new levels of responsibility, youth learn the skills necessary to be successful in an ever changing world. "Join the revolution of responsibility" and prepare yourself for greatness in 4-H! Click on the following link to the Ohio 4-H Youth Development - 4-H for Youth webpage
- Ohio State Fair - 4-H is the largest youth development program in Ohio! Located in the Youth Center, a portion of the building is used as exhibit space for 4-H projects and judging activities during the State Fair. Fairgoers can learn about the 4-H program by talking with the 4-H members competing each day.
- Just for Teens - more information about 4-H Ambassadors, CWF, Collegiate 4-H, Awards & Scholarships, CARTEENS, State Fashion Board, Teen Conference, and Teen Council
- Saying Thank You: A lot of respect can be earned or lost by our ability to say thanks. Thank you notes help our sponsors realize that the award sponsorship really means something to you. It helps make them more interested in sponsoring next year. For help in writing that thank you note or letter click on the following link: Thank you flyer