Click here to view "The Hartford Fair Website": www.hartfordfair.com
Jr. Fair Dress Code for Shows & Sale Ring
- A button/snap and collared shirt closed within one button/snap from top. (ie: western or polo)
- Shirts may be long or short sleeve. No sleeveless shirts.
- Shirts must be tucked in all the way around waist.
- No logo’s or advertisements on shirts other than 4-H Club,FFA chapter, or family farm name.
- Long pants, no shorts. Must be neat and clean. No rips or tears.
2021 Photo ID Badges - Who needs to have a picture taken this year?
All exhibitors with a last name beginning with A thru M.
All new exhibitors and new advisors (Advisor photos will now be good for three (3) years. All advisors should have had their photo taken in 2020)
Any exhibitor who did NOT have a badge in 2020 (member was not enrolled for 2020 or forgot to have their picture taken in 2020).
Everyone will receive a new ID Badge for 2021.
Advisor badges will be issued from the Senior Fair office and Exhibitor badges will be issued from either the Junior Fair Board Office or Ramsey 4-H Center. All badges issued in a prior year cannot be used for admission to the fair and will be confiscated if presented.
Livestock Quality Assurance:
Any Hartford Fair youth exhibitor who has not attended one approved Junior Fair Livestock Quality Assurance training will be ineligible to exhibit livestock (in the areas requiring QA training) during the 2021 Hartford Independent Fair if they are unable to complete a Quality Assurance training by June 1, 2022.
YQCA Training option: If you are not able to attend one of the county Quality Assurance trainings, you can complete your Quality Assurance requirement by completing the YQCA Training.
All youth enrolling in a horse project for the first time during 2022 will be required to complete the Horse Safety & Ethics Program. This program is also required of all advisors who will be working with horse projects for the first time during the coming year. Each member is required to have a parent / guardian attend with them. both, the youth member and parent / guardian will be required to sign in upon attend. Youth are not eligible to show in 4-H sponsored shows (youth 4-H shows / Hartford Fair / Ohio State Fair) until this training requirement has been met. Horse Safety & Ethics programs are offered at the same time and location as livestock quality assurance programs.
Forms and Information:
- 2022 Hartford Fair Steer Pool - If you are interested in participating in the 2022 Hartford Fair Steer Pool, there is an informational meeting that will be held on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 starting at 7:00pm at the Hartford Independent Fairgrounds. Please find more information here as well as at: http://steerpool.com/
- 2021 Hartford Junior Fair Livestock and Equine Forms (DUNF, United Producers Feeding Form, Ractopamine Affidavit): Information on which forms need completed for each species as well as deadlines for each species.
- 2021 Market Livestock Sale Photo Information
- 2022 Hartford Fair and State Fair Market Steer/Heifer Updates - NOTE: Weigh in date: Saturday, DECEMBER 11, 2021: 8:00-11:00am
- If bringing animals to the Market Steer/Heifer weigh-in, please complete the following registration survey for EACH animal that you plan to tag and weigh-in: www.go.osu.edu/2022HartfordWeighInRegistration. Registration MUST be completed by 1:00pm on Friday, December 10, 2022
- 2022 Hartford Junior Fair Livestock/Animal Requirement Summary - Exhibitor information regarding exhibit limits, dates of possession, pre-fair weigh-in/tagging dates, clinics, entry deadline, and various animal and health requirements.
- 2021 Hartford Junior Fair Livestock Sales Brochure
- 2021 Hartford Independent Fair Junior Fair Horse Show Update - updated and important information for the horse department at the Hartford Fair.
- 2022 Hartford Junior Fair Turkey Pool Order Form - Due by 4:00pm on March 4, 2022. Mail order form with payment to: OSU Extension - Licking County Office, 771 E. Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, OH 43055
- 2021 Hartford Junior Fair Meat Chicken Order Form - Due by 4:00pm on Friday, April 30, 2021. Mail or drop off order form with payment to: OSU Extension - Licking County Office, 771 E. Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, OH 43055
- 2021 Hartford Jr. Fair Meat Duck Pool Order Form - Due by 4:00pm on Friday, April 30, 2021. Mail or drop off order form with payment to: OSU Extension - Licking County Office, 771, E. Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, OH 43055.
- 2021 Licking County 4-H Project Requirements (this booklet covers all 4-H projects and contains the 2021 Clothing & Food Supplements, as well as judging dates and award
- 2022 Livestock Project Judging Interviews & Skillathons
- 2021 Hartford Fair Market Hog Update
- 2021 Hartford Fair Hog ID form - Due May 15, 2021 to the Hartford Independent Fair Office
- 2021 Bred and Raised Market Rabbit ID Form - Rule and regulations for the bred and raised class at the Hartford Fair. ID form must be returned to the fairgrounds with signatures by May 1, 2021.
- Rabbit Tattooing/Registration and Poultry Banding - Saturday, July 10, 2021 - Hartford Fairgrounds - Rabbit Registration Form - This form should be printed and filled out before bringing your rabbit(s) to registration.
- 2022 Guidelines to the 4-H Rabbit Projects - These guidelines offer a description of the purpose of each rabbit project and also list the fair tattoo/registration days.
2021 Hartford Fair Lamb Pool - Registration form must be returned to the address listed on the application by Sunday, April 4, 2021.
2021 Licking County Horse ID Form - ID papers with photo ID are due by April 27, 2021 - Licking County members only.
- Knox & Delaware Horse ID Form - for Knox and Delaware exhibitors eligible to show horses at the Hartford Fair
- 2022 Licking County Dog Vaccination Certificate
- 2021 Lamb Cook-Off: PDF Version (use this version if writing out your entry) | Fillable PDF Version (use this version to type and print your entry)
- 2021 Shepherd's Lead: PDF Version (use this version if writing out your entry) | Fillable PDF Version (use this version to type and print your entry)
- General Preventative Health Recommendations for Animals
- 4-H / FFA Livestock Project Judging Interview Brochure
- Hartford Fair Equine Vaccination Program & Body Condition Scoring Requirement FAQs
- Hartford Fair Poultry Classes - This flyer explains which class is correct for the poultry project you are taking and also gives helpful hints.
Neal & Mary Ann Ramsey Family
4-H Center/Booth Information:
2021 4-H Fair Booth Theme:
"Find Your Spark Through 4-H"
2021 4-H Booth Judging Results:
BEST OF SHOW: Purity Anti-Can't
- Large Club Booths: 1st: Croton Critters & Creations; 2nd: Mystic Manes; 3rd: American Traditions; Honorable Mention: Helping Hands
- Small Club Booths: 1st: Purity Anti-Can't; 2nd: Buttons & Bakers; 3rd: 4-Ever Friends
Junior Fair Board
Interested in joining the Hartford Fair Junior Fair Board? The application can be found on the Teen Opportunities page.
The 2022 Hartford Junior Fair Board Committee Members
|Travis Allen||Ashley Allerton||Eric Allerton||Audrey Baisden|
|Riley Baker||Ava Barrick||Meg Barrick||Sophia BeVier|
|Maren Boston||Silas Buckenberger||Emmie Burgess||Kailee Clipner|
|Rylee Coyle||Gracie Cyphers||Zachery Cyphers||Kenneth Davenport|
|Sierra Dolan||Kinsey Duzan||Holton Forman||Kyle Gilbert|
|Layna Gordon||Joy Grimes||Erika Grum||Hunter Henry|
|Mackenzie Holland||Sadie Holman||Madison Hoover||Natalie Jungers|
|Ethen Kent||Felicia Kidder||Hannah Lucas||Ashlyn Lust|
|Addy Mathis||Nicholas McInturff||Riley McInturff||Miles McLaughlin|
|Cassie Orr||Abby Paxton||Emily Paxton||Bridgette Posey|
|Brianne Priest||Hadley Ramirez||Faith Ricket||Peyton Robey|
|Elizabeth Rose||Emma Savage||Jessica Savage||Samuel Schlabach|
|Mary Schwartz||Olivia Somers||Gracie Stoltz||Lily Swearingen|
|Autumn Wampler||Melinda Wesley||Alexa Wilson||Isabella Wolford|