Click here to view "The Hartford Fair Website": www.hartfordfair.com
Jr. Fair Dress Code for Shows & Sale Ring
- A button/snap and collared shirt closed within one button/snap from top. (ie: western or polo)
- Shirts may be long or short sleeve. No sleeveless shirts.
- Shirts must be tucked in all the way around waist.
- No logo’s or advertisements on shirts other than 4-H Club,FFA chapter, or family farm name.
- Long pants, no shorts. Must be neat and clean. No rips or tears.
2020 Photo ID Badges - Who needs to have a picture taken this year?
All new exhibitors and ALL advisors (Advisor photos will now be good for three (3) years. All advisors should have their photo taken in 2020)
Any exhibitor who did NOT have a badge in 2019 (member was not enrolled for 2019 or forgot to have their picture taken in 2019).
Everyone will receive a new ID Badge for 2020.
Advisor badges will be issued from the Senior Fair office and Exhibitor badges will be issued from either the Junior Fair Board Office or Ramsey 4-H Center. All badges issued in a prior year cannot be used for admission to the fair and will be confiscated if presented.
Livestock Quality Assurance: Dates, locations and requirement information will be coming soon.
Any Hartford Fair youth exhibitor who has not attended one approved Junior Fair Livestock Quality Assurance training will be ineligible to exhibit livestock (in the areas requiring QA training) during the 2020 Hartford Independent Fair if they are unable to complete a Quality Assurance training by June 1, 2021.
YQCA Training option: Additional Information will be available for completing your Quality Assurance requirement through the YQCA online training module.
All youth enrolling in a horse project for the first time during 2021 will be required to complete the Horse Safety & Ethics Program. This program is also required of all advisors who will be working with horse projects for the first time during the coming year. Each member is required to have a parent / guardian attend with them. both, the youth member and parent / guardian will be required to sign in upon attend. Youth are not eligible to show in 4-H sponsored shows (youth 4-H shows / Hartford Fair / Ohio State Fair) until this training requirement has been met. Horse Safety & Ethics programs are offered at the same time and location as livestock quality assurance programs.
All QA requirements must be met by June 1. Please contact the Licking County OSU Extension office at 740-670-5315 for a list of out of county QA program dates and times contact phone numbers that you can attend in order to exhibit livestock/equine projects at the Hartford Junior Fair.
Forms and Information:
- 2021 Hartford Fair and State Fair Market Steer/Heifer Updates - NOTE: New weigh in date: Saturday, DECEMBER 12, 2020: 8:00-11:00am - 2020 Ohio State Fair Market Steer & Heifer Identifcation Guidelines
- If bringing animals to the Market Steer/Heifer weigh-in, please complete the following registration survey for EACH animal that you plan to tag and weigh-in: www.go.osu.edu/HartfordMarketBeefRegistration
- 2021 Hartford Junior Fair Livestock/Animal Requirement Summary - Exhibitor information regarding exhibit limits, dates of possession, pre-fair weigh-in/tagging dates, clinics, entry deadline, and various animal and health requirements.
- 2021 Hartford Junior Fair Turkey Pool Order Form - Due by 4:00pm on March 5, 2021. Mail order form with payment to: OSU Extension - Licking County Office, 771 E. Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, OH 43055
- 2020 Hartford Junior Fair Meat Chicken Order Form - Due by 4:00pm on Friday, May 1, 2020. Mail or drop off order form with payment to: OSU Extension - Licking County Office, 771 E. Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, OH 43055
- 2020 Hartford Jr. Fair Meat Duck Pool Order Form - Due by 4:00pm on Friday, May 1, 2020. Mail or drop off order form with payment to: OSU Extension - Licking County Office, 771, E. Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, OH 43055.
- 2020 Licking County 4-H Project Requirements (this booklet covers all 4-H projects and contains the 2020 Clothing & Food Supplements, as well as judging dates and award
- Livestock Project Judging Interviews & Skillathons: Skillathon stations will not be offered in person during the Hartford Fair this year, so we ask that you register for the State Skillathons – as we will use those contest scores to recognize Hartford Fair exhibitors during the fair! All youth who intend to complete a skillathon must register online by July 15th, with species skillathons being held on the designated dates / times listed in the document above.
- 2020 Hartford Fair Hog ID form - Due June 15, 2020 to the Hartford Independent Fair Office
- 2020 Hartford Fair Market Goat ID Form - Due June 6, 2020 to the Hartford Independent Fair Office
- 2020 Hartford Fair Market Lamb ID Form - Due June 6, 2020 to the Hartford Independent Fair Office
- 2020 Bred and Raised Market Rabbit ID Form - Rule and regulations for the bred and raised class at the Hartford Fair. ID form must be returned to the fairgrounds with signatures by May 2, 2020.
- Rabbit Tattooing/Registration and Poultry Banding - Saturday, July 11, 2020 - Hartford Fairgrounds - Rabbit Registration Form - This form should be printed and filled out before bringing your rabbit(s) to registration.
- 2021 Guidelines to the 4-H Rabbit Projects - These guidelines offer a description of the purpose of each rabbit project and also list the fair tattoo/registration days.
- 2020 Rabbit & Poultry Pop-Up Tents Guidelines
2021 Hartford Fair Lamb Pool - Registration form must be returned to the address listed on the application by Sunday, April 4, 2021.
Licking County Horse ID Form - ID papers with photo ID are due by April 27, 2021 - Licking County members only.
- Knox & Delaware Horse ID Form - for Knox and Delaware exhibitors eligible to show horses at the Hartford Fair
- Hartford Fair Horse Information (from the Premium Book)
- Horse Volunteer Sign-Up Job Listing
- 2021 Licking County Dog Vaccination Certificate
- 2020 Dairy Feeder Steer Information
- 2020 Dairy Barn & Kohman Wing Guidelines
- General Preventive Health Recommendations for Animals Exhibiting at the Hartford Fair
- 2020 Hartford Independent Fair Junior Fair Livestock Equine Quality Assurance Guidelines
- 2020 Hartford Independent Fair Junior Fair Livestock Sales Brochure - UPDATED 7.15.20
- 4-H / FFA Livestock Project Judging Interview Brochure
- 2020 Hartford Independent Fair Junior Fair Horse Show Update - Updated show schedule and rules.
- Hartford Fair Equine Vaccination Program & Body Condition Scoring Requirement FAQs
- Hartford Fair Poultry Classes - This flyer explains which class is correct for the poultry project you are taking and also gives helpful hints.
- 2020 Ohio Livestock Health Exhibition Rules
- 2020 Ohio Livestock Tampering Exhibition Rules
Neal & Mary Ann Ramsey Family
4-H Center/Booth Information:
2020 4-H Fair Booth Theme:
"4-H Makes it Happen."
2020 4-H Booth Judging Results:
BEST OF SHOW: Buttons & Bakers
- Large Club Booths: 1st: Buttons & Bakers; 2nd: American Traditions; 3rd: Croton Critters & Creations
- Small Club Booths: 1st: 4-Ever Friends; 2nd: Steal Home; 3rd: Utica Tractor Club
Honorable Mention: Purity Anti-Can't, Blazing Saddles
Junior Fair Board
Interested in joining the Hartford Fair Junior Fair Board? The application can be found on the Teen Opportunities page.
The 2020 Hartford Junior Fair Board Committee Members
|Jaelynn Bernard||Silas Buckenberger||Haley Bunner||Natalie Cannon|
|Logan Daughters||Madalyn Evans||Hannah Gero||Erika Grum|
|Ethan Grum||Kierstin Harvey||Nathan Kapavik||Ethen Kent|
|Wyatt Kissell||Aidan Lanning||Hannah Lucas|
|Camryn Martindale||Sean McCutcheon||Riley McInturff||Melanie McLaughlin|
|Miles McLaughlin||Reuben McLaughlin||Makayla Moore||Cassalyn Orr|
|Clayton Orr||Michaela Owens||Eve Painter||Keegan Painter|
|Lydia Painter||Sammie Pearce||Jarrett Pfister||Hadley Ramirez|
|Ryan Schmechel||Patty Schwartz||Tony Severns||Isabella Wolford|