Looking for resources to improve, strengthen and lead your club program? Just want to try something new? This is the starting point that will lead you down the path...
Helpful Tools for Managing Club Meetings
Guidelines for holding in-person 4-H meetings and events - Updated 6/29/2020
Ohio 4-H Volunteer Resources - The Ohio 4-H Program has compliled (and are continuing to add to) a list of resources and tools that can help you with handling virtual meeetings as well as resources for managing 4HOnline.
Zoom Help Sheets:
- Zoom Basics - Help with downloading, setting up a meeting, and best practices.
- Managing Zoom Meetings
- Recommended Settings for Public Zoom Meetings
- Zoom Participants Best Practices
- Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- How to Attend a Zoom Meeting
Honor Club Application - Due September 1 of each year. Clubs earning Honor Club status will be recognized at the Fall Recognition Event. This form can also be found in your Club Resource Book.
4-H Club Advisors Management Option Help Sheets - This handout will help guide you to run club rosters and other reports
How to Run Your Club's Roster - Shortened version of the help sheet that will show you how to run your club's roster (both full roster and simplified project report)
Licking County 4-H Club Member Expectations - this is no longer available with the 4-H Online Enrollments consents page - If your club would still like to use this page for your members - print off and give to your families to fill out and return to you and as the Organizational Advisor please keep in your club documents - it is no longer required to hand in to the Extension Office.
4-H Project Central: Interested in getting a close look at a project book? Want to rate your experience with last year’s project? Members and project helpers can preview project books AND share feedback about their project experiences on a new website called Ohio 4-H Project Central. Check out the website now at: http://projectcentral.ohio4h.org/ . Please continue to encourage members and project helpers to share their project experiences.
Licking County 4-H Food and Fashion Board - Need help with a food or fashion project? Food and Fashion Board members are available to come to your club to answer questions.
Project Books & Resources available on Ohio 4-H Website - Click on the link for a listing of free 4-H publications, MyPlate guide and more...
Ohio 4-H Youth Development International Program - Hosting is fun and easy! Click at left and discover what our exchange visitors love about Ohio!
Blanket Group Accident Insurance - $1 per member/leader ($2 per member/leader for horse projects) to receive accident insurance. Click on link for application form, benefits and features.
4-H Club Advisor Handbook - This handbook is posted on the State 4-H web page and contains a wealth of information concerning club management.
Licking County Community Club Advisor Handbook - This handbook is written specifically for Licking County 4-H advisors and includes volunteer responsibilities, standards of behavior, guidelines, planning, and opportunities.
Planning 4-H Service Activities - Service activities help 4-Hers develop good citizenship. Every member's 4-H experience should include citizenship development and service activities. Click on the link for information on planning 4-H service activities. Also, you can view and print from the state 4-H website the Ohio 4-H Community Service Officer's Handbook here.
Shooting Sports 4-H Clubs Required Forms:
Permission to Participate and Health Form - Required each year a shooting sports project is taken - to be filled out and returned with enrollment forms by April 1.
Consent for Possession of Handgun by Juvenile - Required each year that Project #753 - Pistol Project is taken - to be filled out and returned with enrollment forms by April 1.
Licking County Shooting Sports - Equipment Inventory Log - To be maintained on a yearly basis. (This is a word document that can be saved to your computer, then you can add/edit your clubs equipment information.)
Meeting & Project Resources:
Project, Club Officer, Speaking/Demonstrations, Royalty & Scholarship Information:
Click here for the link to our Member Resources page, which provides resources for project areas (including Dog), club officer information & books, public speaking/demonstrations contests and resources.
4-H Publications Available for Download - here you will find the Self-Determined and Master Projects on the State 4-H Ohio website that you can download and print from home plus much more.
Other Resource Links:
- National 4-H Council Source Book & 4-H Mall - Everything 4-H that you can imagine!
- Eight Key Elements to a Successful Club
- New Family Handbook
- Launching Into the Next Millennium - A great resource with materials related to many 4-H projects that can be used as worksheets.
- Ohio 4-H Fact Sheet Series - An extremely helpful series of 28 fact sheets, including the History of Ohio 4-H, finances, involving parents and teens, managing conflict and many, many more!
- Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports Program - This is your key resource to locating upcoming Shooting Sports training programs, as well as teaching resources.
- Ohio 4-H Dog Program - This is your key resource for dog and companion and small animal programs, including Ohio State Fair information.
- Ohio 4-H Horse Program - Information on events and resources for horses.
- Ohio 4-H Animal Sciences - State livestock and skillathon information.
REQUIRED STATE MATERIALS FOR CLUB MANAGEMENT:
- Advisor Checklist of Essential Club Materials
- 4-H Club Constitution - Only needed from new clubs starting in 2014
- 4-H Club By-Laws - Only needed from new clubs starting in 2014
- Ohio 4-H Charter Checklist - To be turned in yearly from all clubs
- Club Information Sheet - To be turned in yearly from all clubs
- 4-H Club Yearly Financial Summary – To be turned in yearly on December 1st from all clubs
- 4-H Club Equipment Inventory - To be turned in yearly from all clubs
- SS-4 (EIN Application) - Only needed from new clubs starting in 2014
- 4-H Group Tax Exemption Authorization - Only needed from new clubs starting in 2014